This Policy describes the information we process to support ILLCON.
What kinds of information do we collect?
To provide the ILLCON, Inc. Product (ILLCON), we must process information about you. The type of information that we collect depends on how you use ILLCON. You can learn how to access and delete information that we collect by visiting the ILLCON settings.
Things that you and others do and provide.
- Information and content you provide. We collect the content, communications and other information you provide when you use ILLCON, including when you sign up for an account, create or share content and message or communicate with others. This can include information in or about the content that you provide (e.g. metadata), such as the location of a photo or the date a file was created. It can also include what you see through features that we provide, such as our camera, so we can do things such as suggest masks and filters that you might like, or give you tips on using camera formats. Our systems automatically process content and communications that you and others provide to analyse context and what's in them for the purposes described below.
- Data with special protections: You can choose to provide information in your ILLCON profile fields or life events about your religious views, political views, who you are "interested in" or your health. This and other information (such as racial or ethnic origin, philosophical beliefs or trade union membership) could be subject to special protections under the laws of your country.
- Networks and connections. We collect information about the people, Pages, accounts, hashtags and groups that you are connected to and how you interact with them across ILLCON, such as people you communicate with the most or groups that you are part of. We also collect contact information if you choose to upload, sync or import it from a device (such as an address book or call log or SMS log history), which we use for things such as helping you and others find people you may know and for the other purposes listed below.
- Your usage. We collect information about how you use ILLCON, such as the types of content that you view or engage with, the features you use, the actions you take, the people or accounts you interact with and the time, frequency and duration of your activities. For example, we log when you're using and have last used ILLCON, and what posts, videos and other content you view on ILLCON. We also collect information about how you use features such as our camera.
- Information about transactions made on ILLCON. If you use our Products for purchases or other financial transactions, we collect information about the purchase or transaction. This includes payment information, such as your credit or debit card number and other card information, other account and authentication information, and billing, delivery and contact details.
- Things others do and information they provide about you. We also receive and analyse content, communications and information that other people provide when they use ILLCON. This can include information about you, such as when others share or comment on a story of you, send a message to you or upload, sync or import your contact information.
As described below, we collect information from and about the computers, phones, connected TVs and other web-connected devices you use that integrate with ILLCON, and we combine this information across different devices that you use. For example, we use information collected about your use of ILLCON on your phone to better personalize the content (including ads) or features that you see when you use ILLCON.
Information that we obtain from these devices includes:
- Device attributes: information such as the operating system, hardware and software versions, battery level, signal strength, available storage space, browser type, app and file names and types, and plugins.
- Identifiers: unique identifiers, device IDs and other identifiers, such as from games, apps or accounts that you use, and Family Device IDs (or other identifiers unique to ILLCON associated with the same device or account).
- Device signals: Bluetooth signals, information about nearby Wi-Fi access points, beacons and mobile phone masts.
- Data from device settings: Information you allow us to receive through device settings that you turn on, such as access to your GPS location, camera or photos.
- Network and connections: Information such as the name of your mobile operator or ISP, language, time zone, mobile phone number, IP address, connection speed and, in some cases, information about other devices that are nearby or on your network, so we can do things such as help you stream a video from your phone to your TV.
How do we use this information?
We use the information that we have (subject to choices you make) as described below, and to provide and support the ILLCON and related services described in the ILLCON Terms.
Here's how: We provide, personalize and improve ILLCON.
We use the information we have to deliver our Products, including to personalize features and content (including your News Feed, Stories and ads) and make suggestions for you (such as groups that you may be interested in or topics that you may want to follow) on ILLCON. To create personalized Products that are unique and relevant to you, we use your connections, preferences, interests and activities based on the data that we collect and learn from you and others (including any data with special protections you choose to provide); how you use and interact with our Products; and the people, places or things that you're connected to and interested in on and off ILLCON. Learn more about how we use information about you to personalize your ILLCON experience, including features, content and recommendations in ILLCON; you can also learn more about how we choose the ads that you see.
- Information across ILLCON and devices: We connect information about your activities on ILLCON and devices to provide a more tailored and consistent experience on ILLCON, wherever you use it.
- Location-related information: We use location-related information such as your current location, where you live, the places you like to go, and the businesses and people you're near – to provide, personalize and improve ILLCON, including ads, for you and others. Location-related information can be based on things such as precise device location (if you've allowed us to collect it), IP addresses and information from your and others' use of ILLCON (such as check-ins or events you attend).
- Product research and development: We use the information we have to develop, test and improve ILLCON, including by conducting surveys and research, and testing and troubleshooting new features.
- Face recognition: If you have been registered with face id recognition, or you have turned it on, we use face recognition technology to recognize you in photos, videos and camera experiences, also other users can search for you through your face recognition. The face recognition templates that we create may constitute data with special protections under the laws of your country. Learn more about how we use face recognition technology, or control our use of this technology in ILLCON settings.
- Ads and other sponsored content: We use the information we have about you – including information about your interests, actions and connections – to select and personalize ads, offers and other sponsored content that we show you. Learn more about how we select and personalize ads, and your choices over the data we use to select ads and other sponsored content for you in the ILLCON Settings.
Promote safety, integrity and security.
We use the information that we have to verify accounts and activity, combat harmful conduct, detect and prevent spam and other bad experiences, maintain the integrity of ILLCON, and promote safety and security on and off ILLCON. For example, we use data that we have to investigate suspicious activity or breaches of our Terms or Policies, or to detect when someone needs help.
Communicate with you.
We use the information that we have to send you marketing communications, communicate with you about ILLCON and let you know about our Policies and Terms. We also use your information to respond to you when you contact us.
Research and innovate for social good.
We use the information we have to conduct and support research and innovation on topics of general social welfare, technological advancement, public interest, health and well-being.
How is this information shared?
Your information is shared with others in the following ways:
Sharing on ILLCON
People and accounts that you share and communicate with.
When you share and communicate using ILLCON, you choose the audience for what you share. For example, when you post on ILLCON, you select the audience for the post, such as a group, all of your friends, the public or a customized list of people. Similarly, when you communicate with people or businesses, those people and businesses can see the content you send. Your network can also see actions that you have taken on ILLCON, including engagement with ads and sponsored content. We also let other accounts see who has viewed, commented and liked their ILLCON Stories.
Public information can be seen by anyone, on or off ILLCON.
This includes your ILLCON username, any information you share with a public audience, information in your public profile, and content you share on ILLCON. You, other people using ILLCON, and we can provide access to or send public information to anyone on or off ILLCON, including in search results or through tools and APIs. Public information can also be seen, accessed, reshared or downloaded through third-party services such as search engines, APIs and offline media such as TV, and by apps, websites and other services that integrate with our ILLCON.
Content that others share or reshare about you.
You should consider who you choose to share with, because people who can see your activity on ILLCON can choose to share it with others on and off ILLCON, including people and businesses outside the audience that you shared with. For example, when you share a post or send a message to specific friends or accounts, they can download, screenshot or reshare that content to others across or off ILLCON, in person or in virtual reality experiences. Also, when you comment on someone else's post or story or react to their content, your comment or reaction is visible to anyone who can see the other person's content, and that person can change the audience later. People can also use ILLCON to create and share content about you with the audience they choose. For example, people can share a photo of you in a story, mention or tag you at a location in a post, or share information about you in their posts or messages. If you are uncomfortable with what others have shared about you on ILLCON, you can report the content.
Information about your active status or presence on ILLCON.
People in your networks can see signals telling them whether you are active on ILLCON, including whether you are currently active on ILLCON, or when you last used ILLCON.
Apps, websites and third-party integrations on or using ILLCON.
When you choose to use third-party apps, websites or other services that use, or are integrated with, ILLCON, they can receive information about what you post or share. For example, when you play a game with your ILLCON followers, the game developer or website can receive information about your activities in the game or receive a comment or link that you share from ILLCON. Also, when you download or use such third-party services, they can access your public profile on ILLCON, and any information that you share with them. Apps and websites that you use may receive your list of ILLCON followers if you choose to share it with them. But apps and websites that you use will not be able to receive any other information about your ILLCON followers from you, (although your followers may, of course, choose to share this information themselves). Information collected by these third-party services is subject to their own terms and policies, not this one.
If the ownership or control of all or part of ILLCON changes, we may transfer your information to the new owner.
Sharing with third-party partners.
We work with third-party partners who help us provide and improve ILLCON or who use ILLCON to grow their businesses, which makes it possible to operate our companies and provide free services to people around the world. We don't sell any of your information to anyone and we never will. We also impose strict restrictions on how our partners can use and disclose the data we provide. Here are the types of third parties that we share information with:
Partners who use our analytics services.
We provide aggregated statistics and insights that help people and businesses understand how people are engaging with their posts, listings, Pages, videos and other content on ILLCON. For example, ILLCON profiles and ILLCON business profiles receive information about the number of people or accounts who viewed, reacted to or commented on their posts, as well as aggregate demographic and other information that helps them understand interactions with their account.
We provide advertisers with reports about the kinds of people seeing their ads and how their ads are performing, but we don't share information that personally identifies you (information such as your name or email address that by itself can be used to contact you or identifies who you are) unless you give us permission. For example, we provide general demographic and interest information to advertisers to help them better understand their audience. We also confirm which ILLCON ads led you to make a purchase or take an action with an advertiser.
We share information about you with companies that aggregate it to provide analytics and measurement reports to our partners.
Vendors and service providers.
We provide information and content to vendors and service providers who support our business, such as by providing technical infrastructure services, analysing how ILLCON is used, providing customer service, facilitating payments or conducting surveys.
Researchers and academics.
We also provide information and content to research partners and academics to conduct research that advances scholarship and innovation that supports our business or mission and enhances discovery and innovation on topics of general social welfare, technological advancement, public interest, health and well-being.
Law enforcement or legal requests.
We share information with law enforcement or in response to legal requests in the circumstances outlined below.
How can I manage or delete information about me?
We provide you with the ability to access, rectify, port and delete your data. We store data until it is no longer necessary to provide our services and ILLCON or until your account is deleted – whichever comes first. This is a case-by-case determination that depends on things such as the nature of the data, why it is collected and processed, and relevant legal or operational retention needs. For example, when you search for something on ILLCON, you can access and delete that query from within your search history at any time, but the log of that search is deleted after. If you submit a copy of your valid photo ID for account verification purposes, we delete that copy 30 days after submission. When you delete your account, we delete things that you have posted, such as your photos and status updates, and you won't be able to recover this information later. Information that others have shared about you isn't part of your account and won't be deleted. If you don't want to delete your account but want to temporarily stop using ILLCON, you can deactivate your account instead.
How do we respond to legal requests or prevent harm?
We access, preserve and share your information with regulators, law enforcement or others:
In response to a legal request (e.g. a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good-faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States when we have a good-faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction and is consistent with internationally recognized standards.
When we have a good-faith belief that it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud, unauthorized use of the ILLCON, breaches of our Terms or Policies, or other harmful or illegal activity; to protect ourselves (including our rights, property or ILLCON), you or others, including as part of investigations or regulatory enquiries; or to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. For example, if relevant, we provide information to and receive information from third-party partners about the reliability of your account to prevent fraud, abuse and other harmful activity on and off ILLCON.
Information we receive about you (including financial transaction data related to purchases made with ILLCON) can be accessed and preserved for an extended period when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation or investigations of possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm. We also retain information from accounts disabled for term breaches for at least a year to prevent repeat abuse or other term breaches.
How do we operate and transfer data as part of our global services?
We share information globally, both internally within the ILLCON, and externally with our partners and with those you connect and share with around the world in accordance with this Policy. Your information may, for example, be transferred or transmitted to, or stored and processed in the United States or other countries outside of where you live for the purposes as described in this Policy. These data transfers are necessary to provide the services set forth in the ILLCON Terms, and to globally operate and provide ILLCON to you.
How will we notify you of changes to this Policy?
We'll notify you before we make changes to this Policy and give you the opportunity to review the revised Policy before you choose to continue using ILLCON.
How to contact ILLCON with questions?
If you have questions about this Policy, you can contact us at [email protected]. We may resolve disputes that you have with us in connection with our Privacy Policies.